Tuesday, 17 June 2014

Not Deliveryman !

In Japan, shipping industry is especially traditionally done by men and women.  Generally speaking, most shipping agency are men. That's why this job needs a strong power to deliver heavy somethings such as furniture. Therefore, people think a power which a men has is stronger physically than a women. Actually, my father's job is shipping industry. When I was in childhood, he used to take me to his workshop. There are some women, but all of them was doing office work. However, I think the situation is changing today because there are more women involved in politics than old. Moreover, a woman's salary and a rate of employment are higher than a man. Why is that? A specialist says that employers hire women positively because a woman has more mind than a man in order to support their family and are more polite to customers than a man. In case that a customer is a women and a shipping agent is a woman, she can be more relieved than a man is that. I hope the range of woman's jobs expands more and more variable.

3 comments:

  1. That's interesting...it's actually still common here to say "deliveryman" because most people who deliver packages are male. I think we should say "delivery person" instead!

    Corrections:
    Generally speaking, most shipping agents are men.

    Moreover, women's salary and rate of employment are higher than men's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. Even, this kind of job is usually do for men it shouldn't has an specific name just for name. In Colombia is different because we have professions and occupations for women a men and these don't have one name for both, it means that we have to separate every noun of profession and occupation by gender. There are some exception but these are just a few. Let me give you one example:

    English Spanish

    Lawyer = abogado (man)
    Lawyer = abogada (woman)

    Writer = Escritor (man)
    Writer = Escritora (woman)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the range of women's jobs expands more too! Nice post.

    ReplyDelete